Menu

Meet Zane Zanda


Common Home Electrical Problems That Require An Electrician's Assistance

Electricity is a major component of all homes. Your home is meticulously wired with abundant outlets and circuits to satisfy your electrical needs. This poses a major problem since electrical accidents and fires are some of the worst situations that can cause massive damages and fatalities. Most people love taking on electrical issues as DIY projects. This may not be the best idea. In many instances, DIY electrical jobs tend to result in faulty fixes. It is therefore a good idea to always indulge an electrical contractor with most of your home electrical problems. The following are some of the common home electrical problems that every house is bound to experience. In these instances, it is always good to call an electrician.

Flickering lights

Flickering bulbs are assumed to be a result of loose connections or bad bulbs in many instances. If you have changed your bulbs and confirmed that the connection isn't loose but the flickering persists, it is time to call an electrician.  This may be an indication of a grid issue or some other problems within the system. It may also be because of a faulty fixture. An experienced electrician should be able to diagnose these and safely fix the problem.

Circuit breaker trips constantly

Circuit breakers are meant to indicate and prevent overloads. A constantly tripping circuit breaker therefore diagnoses overloads somewhere within your connection system. Sometimes, the breaker may be the faulty device and a simple change of the breaker would be sufficient in that situation. It is not safe, however, to always assume this is the case. If you notice your breaker constantly tripping, you should call an electrician before trying to tackle this yourself. You may be setting your home up for a future catastrophe.

Warm Receptacles When In Use

It may be easy to assume that this is normal but it can actually be the opposite. Check if the same is occurring with other receptacles. If not, then it is about time to rule out the device as the cause. Some receptacles heat up to an extent that you can smell fire or see burn marks. This is bad. The first thing to do is avoid plugging in any device on this receptacle. Next, call an experienced electrician to diagnose the cause and fix this receptacle as soon as possible.

Remember, it is not a good idea to try put out an electrical fire using water. Water conducts electricity and has electric resistance. On pouring water, it may conduct electricity and courtesy of resistance, spark and cause more fires or spread the fire. Instead, use your certified extinguisher.

About Me

Meet Zane Zanda

My name is Zane Zanda, and welcome to my site on construction! Although I'm not a professional, I first became interested in construction topics a few years ago when my wife and I were building our dream home. But, interestingly enough, it wasn't the actual construction process that lit the spark. It was actually fire sprinklers. When my wife and I, were talking to our contractor about getting the permits for our house, we were informed that the square footage of our house was so large that we would actually be required to install fire sprinklers in the ceiling! I thought that was so strange, but of course we complied. As I started looking at all the different construction laws, I knew I was hooked.